Friday, August 24, 2012

Defining Adventure...

It's hard to choose a blog name, let alone a blog address.  Too many choices!  But alas, "Super Adventurama" it is.  I decided that this title could cover most any major event in my life, so I could continue to renew the blog feed as I see fit.

Just out of curiosity, I googled "adventure".  I loved the definition Wikipedia gave me, and just had to share. Seems fitting:

An adventure is defined as an exciting or unusual experience; it may also be a bold, usually risky undertaking, with an uncertain outcome.[1] The term is often used to refer to activities with some potential for physical danger, such as skydiving, mountain climbing and or participating in extreme sports. The term also broadly refers to any enterprise that is potentially fraught with physical, financial or psychological risk, such as a business venture, a love affair, or other major life undertakings.
Adventurous experiences create psychological and physiological arousal,[2] which can be interpreted as negative (e.g. fear) or positive (e.g. flow), and which can be detrimental as stated by the Yerkes-Dodson law. For some people, adventure becomes a major pursuit in and of itself. According to adventurer André Malraux, in his La Condition Humaine (1933), "If a man is not ready to risk his life, where is his dignity?". Similarly, Helen Keller stated that "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."

So family and friends, there you have it.  I'm leaving for India September 16th (just bought my ticket and secured my visa. Yay!)  Then off to Tanzania.  Adventure, I choose you!

I will do my best to actually blog for you!  But...if I don't for a while, just give me a nudge and I'll get right on it.  I may be off snorkeling with hippos or something...

Leave feedback for me and let me know what you want to see/read.  I'll be including lots of pictures, no question.

Love, Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment