Monday, September 17, 2012

Hi From Hong Kong!

Hey Kids!

Made it safe and sound to Hong Kong!  Arrived here about an hour ago... at 6am Tuesday Hong Kong time, which is 3pm Monday Oregon time.  Wowzas!  We flew in at sunrise and the mountains were glowing with pink, purple and orange hues, the ocean calm.  Beautiful.  Wish I had more time to spend in this city.

My flight rocked!  I was assigned an aisle seat, but after a few requests by different people traveling together for me to move, I ended up in a window seat!  Doing a small good deed certainly worked out in my favor.  I had a huge meal and promptly went to sleep...for 9+ hours...without sleep medication.  I'm so happy I love to sleep! Makes travel easy.

I'm flying with Singapore Airlines and the service and food is excellent.  I highy recommend it.  And...all of the stewardesses are smokin'!  Added benefit to this flight so far :) I had grilled chicken with chipotle bbq sauce, sauteed vegatables and roasted potatoes for dinner (with chocolate orange cake...my fav!) and Masala Uttapam, Kanjeevaram idli, sambhar and coconut chutney for breakfast (yeah...i know you don't know what any of that is, but you're going to have to get used to googling!  I can't explain EVERY meal I eat in full detail!)  Also, I watched "The Lorax"on my flight.  Carly, you're right - that is a dang good movie. Why it was under "kids only" on the plane flight menu, I have no clue. Also, they gave us tons of cool little gifts, like toothbrushes, socks, and I'm sporting a pretty rad neon green "transit" sticker on my hoodie right now.  It's true folks, I'm in transit.  Read the sticker.

So yeah...in Hong Kong now, boarding the plane soon.  Then I have a 4 hour flight to Singapore, where I have an 8 hour layover.  I just found out in my in flight magazine that there are FREE tours of Singapore from the airport, and if you have 5 or more hours available they recommend you take advantage of them.  So...I think I'll be venturing out of the airport and exploring a bit before my final flight to Bangalore, India....as long as a visa isn't required for me to enter the country, which people have been telling me as an American I don't need one.  Can't wait! 

Feeling refreshed and ready to go.  We'll see how long that lasts, but I'm going to try to stay awake until I land in Bangalore, where it will be 10pm their time, 9:30am Oregon time today....Tuesday.  Then it will be nighty night. 

I'll post photos from Singapore if I go adventuring there and have time to blog, otherwise, you'll hear from me in India!

No comments:

Post a Comment